Infant-Driven Feeding® – Provider Course
If you have been invited to view the Infant-Driven Feeding Provider Course, it’s likely because: a) you are a neonatologist or neonatal nurse practitioner and b) your NICU is either considering or has already purchased the hospital accessible online course titled, Infant-Driven Feeding®: Advancing Oral Feeding Practice in the NICU. This comprehensive online course in which the NICU staff participates addresses the components and complexities of oral feeding practice inherent to bedside care.
The goal with the 40 minute Provider Course below is to deliver an overview of the components most relevant to your role in managing Infant-Driven Feeding® practice.
The Infant-Driven Feeding® Provider Course features:
- 4 Problems with current/traditional oral feeding practice
- Solutions to those problems
- 7 Components of the Infant-Driven Feeding Model of Practice, which seamlessly transitions infants to both bottle and breastfeeding
- Overview of the hospital accessible online course, which is designed to increase staff knowledge and consistency of care regarding oral feeding practices
- Infant-Driven Feeding Scales© used to efficiently and objectively assess and document oral feeding
- Physician Support
- Impact of unit-wide education as a scalable cost effective solution
- Goals and initiatives supported by Infant-Driven Feeding®
- Resources and Next Steps
The IDF Provider Course has been made universally available via this site in order to support our mission of leading the advancement of neonatal oral feeding practice by providing globally accessible specialized education for healthcare professionals.
Please contact us here if interested in providing the comprehensive course titled: Infant-Driven Feeding: Advancing Oral Feeding Practice in the NICU for your entire NICU. The course introduces a user-friendly, neurodevelopmental structure to a practice that is in need of consistency and objectivity.