Same Trusted Program. All New Benefits.
Dr. Brown’s® Medical is excited to unveil the Extended-Edition of The Infant Driven Feeding™ Program. It’s the same trusted program, now with additional support with a Unit-Wide IDF™ Program Suite”:
- State of the art look and feel to the on-line education program
- Updates to maximize learner engagement for a more cohesive learning experience
From purchase planning to ‘Go-Live’, an Infant-Driven Feeding™ Advisor (IDFA) will offer support across all phases of implementation. An IDFA will be available to answer questions, assist with purchasing, guide you through the process, and provide practical direction through Go-Live.
Practical Guided Strategies
- Program implementation checklist
- Administrative access to unit-specific reports
- IDF™ Scales Reference Cards
- QI Project Guidance
- Policy and Procedure Guidelines
- Template for education handout
- Monthly team phone call with an IDF™ Advisor from start to finish
- “Go-Live” presence with an IDF™ Advisor, in person or virtually
Set the Standard of Care with IDF™
The IDF™ program provides a solution to advance oral feeding practices in the NICU. With IDF™ your unit will be fully prepared to provide neurodevelopmental, family-centered Infant-Driven Feeding™. The Unit-wide program allows your entire NICU staff (any level) to complete the online education course, ensuring the most effective way to change the feeding practice culture.
Join thousands of NICU professionals
Hospitals across the country have successfully implemented the Infant-Driven Feeding™ Program and have reported the following significant findings:
- Increased breastfeeding rates (from 20% to 62% improvement)
- Improvement in Kangaroo Care
- Reduced time from initiation of oral feeds to full PO feeds
- Decreased length of stay (LOS)
- Thousands of $$ in cost savings
Unit-wide Training Benefits
The unit-wide program includes the entire IDF™ Program Suite and these additional benefits:
- Permissions letter to upload IDF™ Scales into electronic medical records
- PR Release Letter for hospital to post on website/newsletters, etc.
- Certification status of “IDF™ Certified NICU” upon completion of unit-wide training
- Access to IDF™ private Facebook page including IDF™ support with the program
Implementing the Unit-wide IDF™ Training Will:
- Set the standard-of-care for feeding premature infants in your NICU
- Provide improved caregiver competence in feeding infants
- Improve parent, nursing and provider satisfaction
- Improve feeding quality and outcomes
Single-User | Training
Single-user training is designed for individuals who work independently or want additional CEUs to further their education on neurodevelopmental infant feeding practices. For individual users outside the United States including Canada, please click here.
This course has been approved for 4.7 contact hours by the California Board of Registered Nurses. CA BRN Provider #: 15417. All participants are provided a certificate of completion once the program has been completed.
The Infant-Driven Feeding Program™ is an online course distributed by Handi-Craft Company® and any hospital may purchase the unit-wide training, regardless of their internal learning management system.